CFER 7/25 Campbell Car Protest Schedule:
11:00-11:30am Parking & watch Facebook Live Stream in your car, Volunteer services.
- ❖ Please register online before the event: Vote No on Prop 16 or 7-25 Car Rally Registration
- ❖ Non-volunteer participants are suggested not to get out of your car, unless you need to pick up or purchase car decoration at the help desk. The event volunteer helpers should be no more than 60 people around the help desk area at any time.
- ❖ The meeting area resides next to the parking lot entrance. The volunteer service area (shown on the map 1) provides Q&A, DIY poster materials, and a fundraiser.
- ❖ Welcome purchase posters or stickers at the service center right next to the parking entrance by cash or online Noprop16 Donation. All revenue will count to the No-PROP16 donations and support
- ❖ Copy link to Google map for the car rally route: 7/25 Car Rally Route.
- ❖ Facebook group profile: www.facebook.com/VoteNoOnProposition16
- ❖ There are restrooms open to the public near the help desk and next to the running track.
- ❖ Event contact: 408-202-9233;Call in Zoom Link ID: 85761736776 Passcode:54321
- ❖ Sheriff’s Office: 408-866-2121
11:30-12:30pm Start parade: Please click Link for Map: Link to 7/25 Car Rally Map or see below.
- ❖ During the parade, protesters can call the following phone number to get connected with the leading cars. 408-866-2121 or 650-885-8905 or 408-478-9131
- ❖ Follow your assigned leading car with national flags.
- ❖ Car Rally Route: we ask all cars to join the rally and start from Campbell Community Center W. Campbell Ave. Exit; wait in line to join and stay close. The full route is about 15 miles, stay on the right track with your emergency lights on.
- ❖ 1、MUST wear a mask or cover your face all the time. (Need to sign a waiver if you don’t)
- ❖ 2、Please consider wearing sunglasses to avoid doxing.
- ❖ 3、Drivers can HONK their horns and turn on their hazard lights. Passengers can SPEAK slogans.
- ❖ 4、Bring a charger for your phone.
Please DO NOT take the risk if you have any symptom of sneezing, coughing, fever ect. Cover your face and keep social distancing.
10 Parade Tips
1. Plan ahead. Follow all rules of the road. Do not run red lights. Announce the event to all your friends and family, and let them know your expected return Hom time.
2. Take temperature before departing for the car parade.
Dress for the weather, 82 Fahrenheit tomorrow. Participants will be subdivided into groups of 5 participants each, with one leader to lead the way.
3. Check your vehicle before the parade.
Make sure your car is in good condition, have properly functioning brakes and a full gas tank. Of course, don’t go without Business Auto Liability Insurance.
4. Select your driver.
Choose who’s going to be the driver, and make sure to follow all traffic laws. Stay with your subgroup as much as possible, but don’t worry if you are off the course a little. Ensure your drivers have a valid driver’s license and limited cellphone use while driving. 5. Follow any parade-specific requirements.
When you enter a parade, ensure you have a list of the organization’s guidelines. Contact phone numbers between your subgroup, and contact phone for the non emergency police department. Don’t throw any object outside of your car. Follow the guidelines to ensure we can participate in future parades. More information will be released about the subgroup later today.
12:30-1:30pm Parade starts and ends W. Campbell Ave. Parking Lot entrance Campbell Community Center Parking Map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=13JipoO3iBs5jKXwZSz78KzOGY-sPNRO6&usp=sharing
- ServiceStation, Event help desk;
- Parking Lot Entrance
- Parking Lot Exit
- Public Parking Lot (Please do not park on Permit parking)
Route Click this link to find car rally map: Link to 7/25 Car Rally Map
- Start from Campbell Community Center turn Right onto W. Campbell Ave.
- Turn Right onto San Tomas Expressway
- Turn Right onto W. Hamilton Ave.
- Turn Right onto Lincoln Ave.
- Take the ramp on the left onto Almaden ExpressPass.
- Turn Right into Blossom Hill Rd
- Turn Right onto Camden Ave.
- Stay Left at fork and continue onto San Tomas Expy
- Turn onto W. Campbell Ave. and enter into Campbell Community Center Parking lot