Car Rally Protesting Prop 16 in SAN DIEGO 8/8
Location Inspiration Point North, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA at 3PM on August 8, 2020 3PM
Some car protest tips here.
1. Check out Facebook live stream when the event starts.
3. Come early to join our fundraising event and check out posters and charity sales.
4. Learn how to self-decorate a car.
- Please DO NOT take the risk if you have any symptoms of sneezing, coughing, fever etc.
- Please cover your face and keep social distancing.
3:00PM-3:30PM Park in front of the meeting area and join the conference call or FB livestream
There will be public speeches about Prop 16 at the meeting area.
The meeting area is at the far side of the north parking lot, next to the airplane statue (Map 1 below). There will be volunteers to provides Q&A, DIY poster materials, and a fundraiser.
Non-volunteer participants can gather at the speech (be sure to wear masks), or simply stay inside their cars and join by phone.
We recommend everybody to decorate their cars with national flags (or California state flags), and signs/stickers protesting Prop 16. Flags/Signs will also be available at the meeting area on the parade day for purchase by cash, Venmo, etc., or by making a donation online at http://noprop16.info. All revenue will count to the No-PROP16 donations and support later events.
Event contact: (See poster above)
San Diego Sheriff’s Office: (619) 544-6401
3:30PM-4:30PM Car parade
Scroll down for the parade route map
During the parade, stay in the conference call to be connected with others:
Time: Aug 8, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 880 7124 6267
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,88071246267#,,,,,,0#,,54321# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,88071246267#,,,,,,0#,,54321# US (Houston)
Follow your assigned leading car with national flags.
Car Rally Route: we ask all cars to join the rally and start from Inspiration Point North parking lot at Balboa Park, San Diego; wait in line to join and stay close. The full route is about 6 miles, stay in the right lane with your emergency lights on.
Upon completion of the route, you are welcome to join others and drive the same route again.
1. MUST wear a mask or cover your face all the time. (Need to sign a waiver if you don’t)
2. Please consider wearing sunglasses to avoid doxing.
3. Drivers can HONK their horns and turn on their hazard lights. Passengers can SPEAK slogans.
4. Bring a charger for your phone.
Please DO NOT take the risk if you have any symptom of sneezing, coughing, fever ect. Cover your face and keep social distancing.
10 Parade Tips
1. Plan ahead. Announce the event to all your friends and family, and let them know your expected return Hom time.
2. Take temperature before departing for the car parade.
Dress for the weather, 82 Fahrenheit tomorrow. Participants will be subdivided into groups of 5 participants each, with one leader to lead the way.
3. Check your vehicle before the parade.
Make sure your car is in good condition, have properly functioning brakes and a full gas tank. Of course, don’t go without Business Auto Liability Insurance.
4. Select your driver.
Choose who’s going to be the driver, and make sure to follow all traffic laws. Stay with your subgroup as much as possible, but don’t worry if you are off the course a little. Ensure your drivers have a valid driver’s license and limited cellphone use while driving.
5. Follow any parade-specific requirements.
When you enter a parade, ensure you have a list of the organization’s guidelines. Contact phone numbers between your subgroup, and contact phone for the non emergency police department. Don’t throw any object outside of your car. Follow the guidelines to ensure we can participate in future parades. More information will be released about the subgroup later today.
6. Bring a first aid kit.
It’s always a good idea to have a first aid kit handy, as well as someone trained in first aid. Please let us know if you are certified for CPR.
7. Create clear signage
Ensure our message is easily recognized with specific signage.
Make sure no offensive language, please contact the group if you have question about what to write.
8. Keep social distancing in mind as much as possible.
You can voluntarily leave your parked cars to participate to listen to the speaker’s speeches in front of the Fremont City Hall; however, you can also choose to stay in your car and listen via Zoom app.
9. Stay hydrated
Even if the weather is mild, everyone is encouraged to drink plenty of fluids, and bring snacks.
10. Dress for the weather In high temperatures, wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothing. Also apply sunscreen and bring more to reapply. It will be hot tomorrow.
4:30PM-5:30PM Return to meeting area parking lot to return any borrowed decorations. End of parade
Meeting area and parking lot (Inspiration Point – North parking lot)
Parade Driving Route
Start from Inspiration Point North
Take Presidents Way to Park Blvd
Follow Park Blvd and turn right onto Market St
Turn right and head north on N Harbor Dr
Turn right onto W Grape St
Turn right onto Pacific Hwy
Turn left onto W. Cedar St
Turn right onto Front St
Turn left onto W Broadway
Turn left onto 11st Ave
Turn right onto A St
Turn left onto Park Blvd, and return to Inspiration Point North